We often hear how writing emails in English can cost just too much time. One solution that works for many people is to begin building a “toolbox” of useful phrases. A toolbox is a simple idea – you just start keeping a list of common and useful expressions – perhaps on your desktop or in a notebook next to your keyboard? There’s nothing wrong with reusing some standard phrases if it helps save you time and communicate clearly. You probably already have 2 or 3 sentences you reuse again and again. But sometimes the tone just isn’t right, is it? To help you find the right words when you need them here are 20 great expressions for closing an email. As you read through them ask yourself two simple questions:
1. When would I use this?
2. When will I use this?
Expressions for thanking
- Thank you for your help. / time / assistance / support
- I really appreciate the help. / time / assistance / support you’ve given me.
- Thank you once more for your help in this matter.
Expressions with a future focus
- I look forward to hearing from you soon / meeting you next Tuesday.
- I look forward to seeing you soon.
- I’m looking forward to your reply.
- We hope that we may continue to rely on your valued custom.
- We look forward to a successful working relationship in the future.
- Please advise as necessary.
- I would appreciate your immediate attention to this matter.
Expressions for showing them you want to help
- If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.
- If you require any further information, let me know.
- Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information.
- Please let me know if you have any questions.
- I hope the above is useful to you.
- Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Please contact me if there are any problems.
- Let me know if you need anything else
- Drop me a line if I can do anything else for you.
Please comment if we miss anything.